1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44 Genie Favorite Custom Channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by larcar, Jul 5, 2013.

1. larcar

larcar AllStar

Sep 22, 2006
    I recently had a Genie installed and I noticed that after I made my two custom channel guides named locals and the other favorites and I hit the previous button to go back to the station I was just on it doesn't.
    It only works if I choose another channel in the same guide.
    Another words if I tune to a channel in locals and then change to a channel in my favorites and hit the previous button it takes me to the channel I was last on in that custom guide but not if in the different guide.
    My 2 hr24's will go to the previous channel I was watching no matter which custom guide I am in.
    I hope I explained my problem and someone can chime in
    Thanks

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You're quite right; I can repeat this. The workaround is that direct entry will work.

3. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I don't like that.

What shows up in the precious list?

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Well, it is keeping in line with not changing channels to a channel with the channel up and down buttons if its not in your favorite list that is currently selected.

I don't get the issue. if you watch the channel that much id think it'd be in all your favorite channel lists.

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    How is hitting the previous channel button not going to the previously viewed (not frequently viewed) channel consistent with anything? By your logic, you shouldn't be able to tune into the channel at all (direct input) if it is not in your current favorites. Bad design.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I'd classify this as way down the list of things that can/should be tweaked.