1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR44 GUI went jaggy with posters and menus

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by itzme, Jul 24, 2013.

1. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Yesterday I got my hr44 installed and I don't recall any problems with the posters and menus looking low res and jaggy, but last night the HR 44 rebooted itself and today I have those issues. The posters in my Directv look a little like the old low bit graphics of Atari days, and even the titles under the posters look jaggy. Oddly, the left nav of the main menu looks ok. The titles in my todo list look especially bad.

All my video settings look correct. It's running 0x725 fw, and I can post pictures if need be.

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Reboot the Hr44 and see if that solves the problem.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Have you tried another restart?

4. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    I'd check a couple of things.

1. Check to make sure your actually in HD runing in either 720P or 1080i on the front of the receiver.

2. If your are infact on an HD resolution, reboot the receiver either from the menu option to do so from the setup menu or by pressing the red reboot button under the access card door on the front left of the unit.

5. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Thanks, you guys led me to the fix. This time when I did a restart I stayed in the room to see a message to press the Res button on the receiver. I never had to do that with my hr24. I brought res up to 1080i manually, but now I'm curious why that adjustment wasn't made automatically. The 44s TV Resolutions has everything higher than 480 p. checked.