1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR44 in the Chicago DMA ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by acostapimps, May 29, 2013.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Does anybody have or upgraded to the new Genie HR44 in the Chicago DMA or the surrounding areas? as I am contemplating on rescheduling if or when they become available, I have a free upgrade but if I can get a 44 and is in stock than I will ask him/her to bring one. I know they don't guarantee on a specific model as the Genie could be either one, but just want to know for sure so I don't waste the techs time.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You keep asking this. Yes, there's been reports of 44s in Chicago area.

3. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Sorry for being repetitive but I want to know for sure for anybody in that specific area, If you can answer that one question than I will let it go :)

4. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Yes, for sure, I have seen them in Chicago.

5. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Well I just confirmed it with a received call from tech that is a HR44 that's being installed today, so no more of my annoying questions :)

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    And how did it go?

7. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I guess he's too excited playing with his HR44....

8. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I was at work, as I was waiting for the tech to arrive before I left, but my sister was here and everything worked out well as expected, but the tech got here late way beyond the 4 hour window time, but nonetheless he got here, when I came back from work I immediately looked at the back of the house to see that they replace the Zinwell multiswitch with the SWM, I played with it for a little bit but is super fast compared to my HR24, and I know longer have to wait a few seconds for channel changes and remote response compared to the HR22 that they replaced. But I will miss the recordings I had oh well.

9. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    HR44 is small compared to the beast HR22, funny I was looking to the back of the receiver and was confused at what was that thing hanging out the back, then I realize is the external power supply :)