1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44 issue?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by djousma, Jun 19, 2013.

1. djousma

djousma Legend

Jan 22, 2007
    Ok, Just got the HR44 today with the new remote.

As soon as the installer fired it up, it loaded a new version x6db.

Anytime I use my remote, this irritating message comes up on the screen

" 1080p is supported! This resolution will automatically display for programs that offer it"

There is an OK button at the bottom, but cant figure out how to get to it. The message is in a black box, that overlays everything else. It comes on with ANY remote keypress.

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    You hit select and it still stays on screen? How about if you hit menu. That sounds like you need to set up the resolution settings and set the box to output in Hi Definition rather than sd so that won't pop up anymore. That's the point of the pop up. To tell you you aren using the best resolution.

3. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Try going into Menu / Settings / Display / TV Resolutions and set the 1080p setting.

4. djousma

djousma Legend

Jan 22, 2007
    Done all of that. 1080P and 1080i are both selected. The OK button on the message isn't lit up either. I'm going to do a reset on the box to see what happens.

5. djousma

djousma Legend

Jan 22, 2007
    Well, a RESET fixed the problem. Not sure what was up. Very odd.

6. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Are you sure this was not a message from your TV?

7. djousma

djousma Legend

Jan 22, 2007
    ah, yea.

8. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Ain't that the message that appears when you check the tv resolution in the display settings?
    And have to hit the info button so the message disappears then reverts to the previous resolution already setup.

9. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    You say that sarcastically, but I think you would be suprised how many people have posted on here and on AVSForum about how they can't get rid of a pop up screen saying that a firmware update is availlable for their cable box/satellite box, only to finally figure out the firmware update was actually for their TV or AVR and that was why trying to hit select on their remote wasn't doing anything (they needed to use the TV or AVR remote instead of the cable box/satellite box remote).

10. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You say that sarcastically, but I think you would be suprised how many people have posted on here and on AVSForum about how they can't get rid of a pop up screen saying that a firmware update is availlable for their cable box/satellite box, only to finally figure out the firmware update was actually for their TV or AVR and that was why trying to hit select on their remote wasn't doing anything (they needed to use the TV or AVR remote instead of the cable box/satellite box remote).

Seen this way too many times