1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44 Listen to Pandora and watch tv not working (help!)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Soccernut, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    I was able to add Pandora to background when watching a receiver channel, now I can listen to it from the app. but can't watch the channel, when I try it says if I want to stay with with it or go off of it, if I say stay it goes back to the app. if I say stop it stops and goes to channel with channel sound.
    I might have created the problem by pressing switch to TV control button the last time I was on it. I tried signing off and on to Pandora, red button reset, no luck. Is there a way to make it work again?

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    The HR34 and 44 both are this way there is nothing you can do to fix it. I guess you were doing it with an HR24 or older model.

3. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    The very first time I used it it worked.

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    It may have worked in the past on the Genie but I don't remember it. It still works that way on the HR2x receivers.

5. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    I have had the HR34 since before released to general public and I can't remember it ever working and I use it almost daily.

6. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    I must be going nuts, hopefully they can fix it with a software update. Thanks to all.

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I'd set up to play via computer, iphone, ipad or other device; it's unlikely that the Genies will pump Pandora and display a channel at the same time.

8. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    When you say it's unlikely, is there reason why the HR44 can't do it when the HR24 can?

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I wouldn't say can't, but with five tuners rolling, there's more going on.

And the number of folks truly needing Pandora going at the same time as TV is not a compelling reason to change the software.

I'd never say never, just a bit unlikely to be a focus of the devs.

10. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    The reason I like it is becuse on some games I watch the announcers are annouing.

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

1 person likes this.
  11. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    I also enjoy this feature. For example, when watching the YES network for baseball I cannot stand that fake ball hitting the mit sound so I like to listen to music while watching the game.

1 person likes this.