1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44 Making Noise Normal?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by acostapimps, Jun 11, 2013.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I have the HR44-700 Genie which is a great and fast DVR, but I notice it makes noise which I think is coming from inside the receiver, which I can hear clearly like a fan running, Is this normal?, either way it's making too much noise like a vibrating sound, But I could also try raising the DVR and put something underneath it so it stop making that annoying noise.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

2. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Nevermind I just moved it over a little and it stop making the noise, but I'm sure it may come back:)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Mine has never made a sound that I've heard.

Be sure it has nothing blocking airflow for several inches on all sides, and that it's not stacked on something that generates any heat.