1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44 on 0x0744 freezes watching recorded shows

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bpratt, Oct 27, 2013.

1. bpratt

bpratt Godfather

Nov 24, 2005
    Salt Lake...
    I received 0x0744 on 10/9/13, on my HR44-500. Since then I have one problem that has occurred many times. While viewing a recorded show, the picture and sound freeze almost like someone hit pause, but no status bar at the bottom. Hitting any button has no effect, but it does get queued up. The picture and the sound stop for about 30 seconds and then start again. If I hit any buttons on the remote while it is stopped, they will be remembered and acted upon at the end of the 30 seconds.

I only had my HR44 for a short time before 744 was loaded, but I never had this problem on 740 or 741. This problem is very intermittent and only occurs about once in 8 hours of viewing. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Yes, this is an issue that has been reported many, many times. Most usually, it occurs during MRVing.

For me, I hit the 6 sec rewind button as soon as the freezing starts, and it works perfectly to start back where it originally froze and play through without issue. This is the small backwards pointing arrow.

It will freeze again, but I just use the 6 sec rewind button each time and it makes it as smooth as it is going to get until they fix this.

3. docj

docj New Member

Oct 21, 2013
    I've also found that stop and resume work fine; the show resumes right where the freeze began, some pixelation is usually evident while it is playing.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Since my HR34-700 received 0x0744 I've experienced multiple freeze ups while watching live TV.