1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44 two clients & new rc71 remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by booboo, Jul 2, 2013.

1. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have to say, this is by far the best set up D has offered. It's only been a few days but it works flawlessly. The remote takes some getting use to but I like it a lot. The VOD works great with my wireless network (AT&T Uverse 12 mb). I wasn't sure if this was the right area to start this thread. I did know I wanted to share my experience with everyone. My installer said they haven't been installing anything but HR44 for some time now. I'm in north Mississippi. I hope this helps someone when they are contemplating an upgrade.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Great to hear!

3. Kromagg73

Kromagg73 New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Rapid City, SD
    The HR44's are really nice, with the CCKW (Cinema Connection Kit Wireless) built in, you can pick up the internet signal without having a seperate CCKW which the HR34's needed. Glad you like it, i have cable but looking into getting DirecTv soon and it sounds really cool what all you can do with the Genie, etc..

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    The HR34s do not need a separate CCK; it's built in there, too. The 44's have wireless- for internet- but most people prefer wired where possible.

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    In terms of what's available, it appears that there are major regional differences. If a local is out of HR34's, and you order a Genie, you'll get a '44. But other areas seem to be giving out 34s, and will do so until those stocks are depleted. Nothing wrong with a '34; I have one and it's great.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    +10000 :righton: