1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HSN 2 Set To Debut On Dish Network August 1

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chihuahua, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Chihuahua

Chihuahua Legend

Sep 8, 2007
    There's word that a new spinoff from the Home Shopping Network, HSN 2 is scheduled to launch on Dish Network on August 1. You'll find the article here.

2. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well my wife should be happy. I'm just happy as much time as she does spend watching HSN & QVC that she just does mostly "window shop". On the rare occasion she actually does want to buy something she usually asks me to buy it for her! :lol: Well at least I know what's going on with the household finances anyway.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    HSN2, a second 24-hour shopping service supplying a curated array of encore airings of its progenitor's shows, products, brands and personalities, will bow on the No. 2 DBS provider on August 1. Deal terms were not disclosed.​
    Some day might turn on HSN HD. At Seems a bit of a complicated way to say that! :)

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I read that also. Will it be in HD?

5. space86

space86 Icon

May 4, 2007
    Midnight Eastern Tonight or Six AM Eastern?

6. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Good question ... the EPG for 222 HSN and 226 HSN2 remain the same through the 9 days available in the guide.
    At the moment both channels are the same feed.

7. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Oh great, another HSN. I was afraid of that when I saw HSN2 pop up on the guide a few weeks ago. My wife doesn't get enough of QVC, HSN, & Jewelry TV. Right now, only half of my DVR is filled with shopping programs.

When they were the Home Shopping Club in the 80s, they had a HSC2. QVC also had a second channel too.

8. Aug 1, 2010 #8 of 13
    space86

space86 Icon

May 4, 2007
    HSN 2 now live on Dish Network 226

9. Aug 1, 2010 #9 of 13
    Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I read last week on Multichannel News Liberty Media owns all of QVC & half of HSN.

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    When analog was on HSN was on ch 24 from San Jose. We had a 11' TV in our garage and we found it by accident. It was awful snowy.

11. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    James

HSN2 is recorded for some reason. It says so on the bottom of the screen.

12. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is supposed to be recorded. Just another opportunity to get products offered earlier.

13. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    The guide still needs to be updated. It is listing the same programs for HSN & HSN2. I caught a few timers that I needed to update as a result. I wish they would just clear out the HSN schedule on HSN2 and replace it with something like "Home Shopping Network 2" until they can get a real schedule up.