1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

hughes hd10-250 dvi out cable question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by robocomp, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robocomp

robocomp Cool Member

Jul 26, 2004
    the information on the hughes hd10-250 says:

DVI Compatible - HDMI to DVI interface cable available for connecting DVI TVs and monitors

Does this indicate that there is a cable included with the reciever or do we have to purchase one? if so how much and where can these be purchased? thanks

2. jpoklop

jpoklop AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    The HDMI to DVI cable comes with the unit. No need to buy a separate cable unless you need more length.

3. ImmerTech

ImmerTech AllStar

Jul 19, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just as an FYI. I have a Samsung DLP TV. The DVI cable that came with the HD10-250 didn't quite connect perfectly. The connector on the TV is inset into the back of the TV and the Connector on the cable is also just slightly (maybe 2mm) inset as well. This caused it to be tough to get the screws tightened down on the cable. I was able to take an exacto knife and shave away a little bit of the cable connector. This enabled me to make a snug connection. It was now a large deal at all, but if you are picky you may want to buy your own cable if you own a Samsung.

-ImmerTech

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.