1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

hughes hd10-250 dvi vs. component out?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by robocomp, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robocomp

robocomp Cool Member

Jul 26, 2004
    it has been recommended by someone on the av message board that the component out on the hd10 has a better looking picture than using the dvi out and that i can connect the component out to the pc in on my panny th42phd6uy using a component to vga (db15) and then set my panel to component signal type. has anyone tried this and is there any opinion on whether i should spend the additional $100+ to get a dvi blade for my panny? thanks

2. jpoklop

jpoklop AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    On my projector (Sanyo PLV-70) I prefer the component to dvi. I will admit I have not tried to tune the picture on the dvi port yet so I might change my opinion after doing that. The PLV-70 treats the dvi as a computer signal instead of HD which certainly is an issue. The dvi looks a little too sharp for my taste compared to the component being a touch softer and more color saturated. Both look spectacular at 119". Most of the time I leave the HD10-250 in 1080i unless I am watching ABC or ESPN when I switch to 720p. For the SD material I use 1080i.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.