1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hughes Receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jrwinter, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrwinter

jrwinter AllStar

Sep 2, 2004
    Can I Still Buy Hughes Receivers? If So Where And How Much?

2. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    You can find them real cheap on ebay

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Directv has discontinued production of branded products. D-10 is now the base model receiver. Most distributers have run out of private branded products so most dealers are selling out the last of their inventories. The nice fact of this idea is there will be only one operating system not 10 or 20 so technical support will be easier. The bad part is you will like or dislike the only operating system and there will be no shopping for a different system.

4. Skip Towne

Skip Towne Godfather

Dec 20, 2003
    I really don't like the D-10 for several reasons. First, they jump you through all those hoops before you can get a picture on channel 100. Not at all necessary as the older ones gave you the picture instantly. Reminds me of the slipshod E* systems of the past. Secondly, you must get the TV on channel 3 (or 4) before you can even start. What do you do if the cx has lost the remote and has 3&4 locked out so you can't access them from the front of the TV? I've had it happen. Also, the D-10 doesn't include a coax cable, only an S-video and RCA cables. Most of my cx's TV's are not equipped for that. So I have two useless cables and I have to go back to the van and make a 6' coax cable (Times 4 if it is a four receiver install). I'm all for standardization and only dealing with one type of receiver but let's get it right. The D-10 needs work.

5. Nov 1, 2004 #5 of 10
    boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Or Skip needs to adapt to the change in the market, the D-10 isn't going away but the Hughes,Samsung,RCAs are going away. Besides I am sure you carry plenty of RG-6 on the Truck but may not have been stocking "S" video cables. I always have short lengths of coax cable left on the truck so it is just a matter of adding fittings. :)

6. Nov 1, 2004 #6 of 10
    Skip Towne

Skip Towne Godfather

Dec 20, 2003
    Hey, Boba, you're not very smart are you? I've noticed it in several of your posts. Everything in my criticism is legitimate. And of course I have the materials on my truck to make the needed coaxes. But that isn't the point. Why are they sending equipment I can't use and then require me to make (at my expense) what I DO need. If you have a valid point that's fine but your ignorant insults will get you results like this.

7. Nov 2, 2004 #7 of 10
    baskin3

baskin3 Cool Member

Oct 22, 2004
    i have a really nice hughes receiver if interrested pm me

8. jrwinter

jrwinter AllStar

Sep 2, 2004
    thanks for the tip!

9. californialifer

californialifer New Member

Nov 1, 2004