1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hula tv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by westview, Jul 16, 2012.

1. westview

westview Mentor

Dec 27, 2011
    What do I need to get Hula? I have an erthenet cable to my Direct DVR. Will this work?

2. ladannen

ladannen Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    OK I'll bite.
    What exactly is Hula? And why would DirecTV require a ethernet connection for it?

[​IMG]

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Do you mean Hulu?

If so you can't view Hulu content through your DirecTV dvr. You'd need either a computer or a device capable of streaming Hulu content like an Xbox360, Roku, etc.

4. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    PlayOnTV will allow you to send Hulu from your computer to your TV if they are both connected to your home network, but it is SD only.

Some smartphones have a mini HDMI connector and will play Hulu directly to your TV.

Some TVs (e.g., Panasonic Viera Connect) and Bluray players can access Hulu directly.

Roku boxes will access Hulu.

5. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    Just got the Roku HD Streaming device to stream The Daily Show and Colbert Report from Hulu as long as the difficulties with Viacom continue. Increadibly easy to get up and running, identified my wireless network immediately. Had an initial problem with Hulu (but not another service) hanging up intermittently, but that appeared to be an issue with intermittent connection failures (or something like that) with my internet provider. Now that's fixed, it not only works fine, but looks much better than anything I've been able to stream through my Panasonic Blu Ray Player.