1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hulu looking to be a pay service

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by MikeW, Oct 23, 2009.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/blog.aspx?post=1333776&_blg=1,1333776

So this is what Chase Carey is up to. Hopefully they find a way to increase their ad revenue so that they can keep it ad supported vs. a pay service. I've got quite a few nickel and dime services that I'm paying a monthly service fee for...VOIP, XM, Newsgroup, RapidShare, Netflix to name a few. It may be time to re-think all of these minor expenses and save $100/month. I certainly won't be adding any other pay services to my monthly budget.

2. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    the only thing i really ever watch there is family guy, and only because i can load up hulu desktop in media center.

but i can watch that @ fox.com also for free.

I watched all of the arrested development episodes too.

But there's so much free tv on the internet, I don't see a need in paying to use hulu. We mostly use the netflix streaming service and the major netflix websites. I watched jericho on CBS.com and my wife is a huge 'House' fan, and watches that @ fox.com.

If I watched shows extensively there, it would be worth it to me.

The only thing i can think of that would drive me to be willing to pay for it is if the networks stop allowing users to view their shows on their own websites for free. Which very well may happen to support hulu; it would be foolish to try and charge customers @ hulu if fox, abc, and nbc allow you to watch for free.

3. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    No way I would pay.

Hope they don't go through with it. I love watching old Sat Night Live clips.