1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HWS Slinging with no Internet

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jwhite, Mar 11, 2013.

1. jwhite

jwhite Mentor

Apr 8, 2002
    I have a new Hopper with Sling and no Internet at the house. Is it possible to Sling inside the house to some Windows PCs? If so, what Sling client do I use. Searched the Hopper docs, dish and slingbox sites and no real info on it being used that way. I can easily connect the Hopper and PCs together via Ethernet, just no internet available, so dishanywhere can`t see the hopper.

Thanks,
    Jay

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Broadband internet is required even for in-home Sling. They long ago made it so that the Sling clients for Slingboxes do not work for the 922/Hopper w/ Sling or Sling Adapter for Dish receivers.

Those only work with the dedicated Dish apps OR the Dish Online Web site... all of which require you to be able to access them via internet even if your actual streaming is done all in-house on the local network.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I recall I did use Sling SW prior v1.5 for internal network only...

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    There were some older versions of Sling software that did work with my 922. I don't know if you can still find/get those versions anymore though.

I also don't know if those older software versions would work with either the Sling adapter OR the Hopper built-in Sling... since those would have come out after they stopped supporting that in the Sling software... so the older software might not recognize those newer Sling IDs.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I recall 922 works fine, don't have H2 for check (I keep that old version somewhere).