1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hybrid Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Stuart Sweet, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Hey y'all, you're pretty knowledgeable as a group --

About 18 months ago I heard about a technology called Hybrid Hard Drive which was essentially a disk system where there was a small flash partition attached to a regular drive. Supposedly Vista was going to support it and it would auto-optimize to put the OS on the flash partition for super-fast boots.

I'm guessing that technology never happened, because it's hard to find anything on Goole about it. Anyone have any insight?

2. gresmi

gresmi Mentor

Mar 4, 2007
  3. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    I did a Google Search for ReadyDrive and sure everyone talks about it, but where are the drives? What computers are they in? Most of the data is a year old.

4. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    Vapor-Ware!

5. gresmi

gresmi Mentor

Mar 4, 2007
    ahh, that's what you're looking for. sorry, I misunderstood.

It looks like mostly laptops have them. here's news about two

I guess they're really expensive, so that's why there's not a whole lot of enthusiasm for them right now. In the meantime, enjoy some propoganda

6. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Well, I guess my new Desktop PC is going to have to settle for the fastest SATA2 drives I can put into it. Oh well.