1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

I am Back to the Land of the Living Again !!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by PK6301, Sep 23, 2013.

1. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Due to financial problems I had to choose between necessities ( heat, power, food ) and wants (Directv)... I choose heat and food... My bill became behind and Directv cut off service..
    Well today I was able to pay back enough of the back balance so I could reactivate my service.. YIPPEE !!!!!
    Now the wife is happy again :p
    After a few missteps I was able to get all the equipment reinstalled and up and running in 1 hr.. ( good thing I did not ship it back last week )

So now I am back in the Directv fold, and I have no plans on going anywhere soon... Thank you for letting me rant on..:D

Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Welcome back and good luck.

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I hope that means that things are turning around for you. I am sorry to hear of your troubles, and welcome you back to DBSTalk.

4. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Best of luck. Great to hear things are getting better. A happy wife makes a happy life :)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Without power is hard to keep DirecTV.. !rolling

Glad all is working out....

6. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    UPDATE: I am happy to be back in the fold again, so yesterday I went onto the website to just nose around.
    The equipment I now have is a HR23 which is in the Living Room, and a HR24 in my sons room. It said I qualified for an upgrade (I was a customer for 1 1/2 years with the protection plan before the financial problems ) So I jumped on the phone and yes indeed I did qualify, so I am having a Genie installed on Monday 9/30. YIPEE !!!!
    They were going to drop ship one, but I ran the risk of getting a HR34.. I talked to a installer in my area a few months back, and he said all they have are 44's, so if it costs me nothing for the install why not?
    Can't wait till Monday....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

7. directv newb

directv newb Mentor

Jun 24, 2012
    I think it would be easier to go without food than Directv :)