1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am not getting HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by donalddickerson2005, Mar 24, 2013.

1. donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005 Legend

Feb 13, 2012
    Is there a reason why none of the NHL or other programs are in HD. I checked my system and everything seems to be working correct.
    Got it corrected no need for any responses.

2. inf0z

inf0z Legend

Oct 15, 2011
    What do you mean by "not in HD"?

Are the HD versions of the channel now showing up in the guide?

Is the HD version of the channel showing up in the guild but the picture is showing up in HD format?

Normally what you should see in the guide for example is "ESPNHD" for channel 206. If it says just "ESPN" your receiver is not configured correctly.

3. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    How many HD boxes do you have activated this issue is affecting? If just one try this: Menu>>Settings & help>> settings>> display >> preferences. From here check to see if Hide Hd Channels is not selected under Guide Hd Channels. If so change it to show all or hide sd duplicates. If you have only 1 HD box activated and it was already on show all or hide sd then reset the reciever. Typically, resetting resolves many technical issues if happening on a lone reciever. If you have more than one hd reciever this is happening on then call directv as something is not right here.

4. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I guess you haven't read this part:)

5. dishinitout

dishinitout Mentor

Jan 4, 2013
    Southern...
    Since you got it fixed please post what exactly the issue was so others that may have this issue can reference this to fix their issues as well.

6. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Let it go. Sometimes it's embarrassing to say what you were doing wrong. I'm not saying this is the case for the OP but it certainly has been for me.