1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Cheated Death

Discussion in 'The OT' started by JM Anthony, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Frequent readers (or those astute enough to check out my avatar and sig.) will remember that our household is blessed by a wonderful 28 pound (his diet isn't working, but that's the subject for another thread) cat named Gus. Gus is the prototypical couch/lap potatoe (Dan Quayle is my idol), but every once in a while he wonders outside and gets into something he shouldn't get into. This makes snuggling with Gus who has a soft belly and is very warm and affectionate somewhat less appealing. Sooooooo,

Over the howls, laughter and without the add of an advanced life support system, this morning I gave Gus a shower. Not a bath mind you as I learned last time that cats and baths don't mix. But in the shower, I could let the water gently cascade on Gus and only have to suffer his 95 db howls rather than endure multiple stiletto-like puncture wounds and resulting loss of blood.

My family was justifiably amazed and suitably glowing with their commendations when both Gus and I emerged unscathed. Five minutes before Gus' shower, I took our lovable Cocker, Kramer, in for his monthly shower. So today, I successfully concluded the "Males-in-the-House" trifecta.

John

2. bobsupra

bobsupra Work In Progress DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 12, 2002
    John,

You are a very brave person. Or insane. Or both.

3. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Always liked these two methods:

http://f2.org/humour/catbath.html

The statement below tells you pretty much all you need to know:

4. JM Anthony

Nov 16, 2003
    The power clean and rinse is definitely for me. I figured Gus would have nothing to do with me for at least two weeks or his next feeding that I might be responsible for. Last night after dinner, Gus bounced up on the couch, cuddled up next to me and grabed a siesta like nothing happened. My wife and daughters just shook their heads in disbelief.

Thanks. Gus and I have a good relationship and I'm sure he knew, in his heart of hearts, that I was doing this for his own good. I will admit to a few minutes of stark terror while I was in the shower with him and he was screaming his lungs out. At one point, I thought about screaming along with him, but fortunately the feeling past quickly.

John

5. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    I've found the Whirlpool washing machine works very well as long as you set it to the "gentle" cycle. Just don't use any soap.:grin:

We have a Kentuckey Blue (quite pretty) but she has the disposition of a rattlesnake and the addition of a great dane in 2004 didn't help her attitude any. We've actually never tried to shampoo her. She's about 50% outdoors and 50% indoors and nuetered but she still kills rats and mice. She gets into it with the dane once a night and can hold her own for about a minute or two but she's really no match. The dang dog could almost swallow her whole if she wanted to.

We've given the dog a bath several times - like after she goes out and rolls in fresh dog turds or mud - why do doggies do that?:confused: The first few times were dicey, flak jackets and hockey goal tender masks were required. But now, she's taken a liking to water and doesn't mind a bit. Difference in k9's and felines I suppose.

Gawsh, I think the dane just came into season for the second time. If you want to know what it's like just take a gallon of fresh blood (or maybe not so fresh) and sling it all over the carpet, hardwood floors, couch, chairs and bedspread comforters. The minute she screws (no pun intended) with my computer, stereo or satellite equipment the bitch is dead. Sorry for the graphic description but I ain't lying folks. ;)

disclaimer - I hope you all know I would never torture the dog - but I might possibly barbeque her. Of course I'd have to put an add in the paper and on Ebay. No takers??? Dinner calls!

6. JM Anthony

Nov 16, 2003
    Our dog is really laid back when it comes to shower time. I actually think he likes it 'cause he knows he'd going to get a nice run down when it's all over. He doesn't even try to get out of the shower. Now good ol' Gus was so strung out his claws darn near stuck into the glass shower door! I was smart enough to keep anything really important to me a good, safe distance away from his business end!!

7. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Ah, harmony.

8. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    We've had two extremes when it comes to dogs. Our lab would bolt if you even glance at the bathroom. We had to physically drag him in.

Our pug however loves a bath (or rather the treats the come with a bath), and even recognizes the word and runs to the bathroom to wait for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.