1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so special

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Lee L, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    When I cancelled Dish this weekend after the HD DirecTiVo, the standard DirecTivo and 2 standard recievers were installed, they gave us a hard time trying to talk us into staying but when we finally said that the DirecTV stuff had just been activated, they said OK and since you were such a good customer of over 6 years with a high monthly bill, they would actually note our account to waive the $25.00 re-connect fee. :lol: We worked it out perfectly and only had to pay Dish for one day of service this month, something like $3.65.

Now, as soon as I get the 20 hours of old stuff watched off my DishPlayers, I'm off to sell them and my 6000. It was funny, the installer also installed Dish and he was sure that I could not use the DP without a sat feed connected. He was quite surprised when I fired that sucker up.

2. MattS

MattS Godfather

Apr 5, 2004
    What do you expect them to do? You are leaving anyways, why not make it easy to come back to Dish Network. I am sure if they hadn't waived the fee, you would be bitching about how you were such a good customer for six years and deserve to have that waived. So sense in leaving a company on bad terms.

3. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Them saying that they are noting your account is one thing, but them actually doing that is another. Sometimes they will not note the account and when you go to call in again they may say that it is not there and they would try to make you pay that $25 reconnect fee.

4. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I know, I was just surprised that they even mentioned it since so many people have reported the CSR getting downright crappy to them and going on about the $25 fee. I agree it is silly, if someone leaves, then comes back, why would you want to place a barrier to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.