1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

I forced the HDUI and got the wrong version, now what?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ratlhead, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ratlhead

ratlhead New Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Hey guys,

So not looking to be torched here, as I previously forced the Beta versions of the HD UI software. What I want to know is if by doing so, the receiver no longer gets automatic software updates? I assume MOD EDIT is the 'final' version and it has been released to my area, but I have yet to receive it. Do I need to force it when it's in the queue as well?

Thanks,

-Mike

MOD EDITS in Dark Red

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Sit tight.

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I am going to leave this post with an explaination instead of deleting it. Absolutely no CE talk will be allowed in this thread.

What you did was download a pre-release version and not the National Release. The version you downloaded is newer than the NR and WILL prevent you from getting the proper NR pushed to you, it will also have other issues/features not working and will cause all sorts of problems if you were to call DIRECTV for help.

I suggest that during the day sometime you revert to the current blue ui and WAIT until DIRECTV pushes the proper version to your receiver.

4. ratlhead

ratlhead New Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Apologies...didn't know the rule.