1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got toy story on dvd Today

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by pez2002, May 16, 2003.

1. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    I Paid $15 for it Im so happy

Now i can give the Vhs to A Friend of Mine :)

2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    My son was just born so we had to jump on it because its being "taken off the market" by Disney... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I had ordered "Toy Story: The Ultimate Toy Box" from Amazon for release day and was picking up another movie at Best Buy. Some parents were treating the fact of whether or not they got a copy of Toy Story as a life-or-death situation.

4. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    It was the last copy they had of the Moive Thank god I got It

5. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    You'll understand one day. :D

[​IMG]

6. Mark Holtz

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Perhaps. The only limited-edition DVD in my collection that went out of print on release day was Akira in a tin case. I had pre-ordered that DVD set months prior though Amazon, so I was fairly assurred that I would get it. The same two discs are available as Akira-Special Edition, but without the tin.

Following closely behnd is the .hack//SIGN #1 limited edition set, which included a box to hold the entire series, OST 1 CD, Playstation demo CD, postcards, T-shirt, and a Grunty doll and limited to 15,000 units. The DVD sans all those goodies was released two weeks later. #2-#6 will consist of both the DVD and soundtrack, again limited to 15,000 units, with the DVD only following two weeks later.

Other than that, my experience has been that all DVDs are available for weeks beyond the release date. However, the best price ends up being on release day. Best Buy does issue rainchecks too.

(Of course, it helps to have Tuesdays off. :) )

7. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Don't stop there, you have to get Toy Story 2, the opening sequence (if you have a decent A/V receiver) rocks, it's one of the ultimate "Gotta Show it off" clips for a home theater.

8. Mark Holtz

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    In the Ultimate Toy Box, they include the opening sequence as a multi-angle presentation: Pencil drawings, rough animation, and finished product.

They reused the ant island from A Bugs Life, but, because of a glitch when the scene was re-rendered for Toy Story 2, they ended up with floating boulders. The animators wanted to correct the error, but the directors insisted that they keep it in.

9. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002

I did not Like toy story 2 Sorry