1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I had my HDTV Calibrated!

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Scott Greczkowski, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Last week I mentioned that I was planning on having my Toshiba HDTV Calibrated by Gregg Loewen, well Gregg stopped by this past Sunday and did his work.

Click on the link below to read my review of his work.

http://www.geocities.com/scottct1/isf.html

You will notice that Greggs work goes way above and beyond what a normal ISF calibration consists of!

At the above link you will find a full review of his work including many photos.

Please let me know what you think.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Great review, Scott! I definitely want to have my set done as well, but there isn't anyone here in Denver that I would trust to do everything. I've done some of the convergence adjustments myself, but haven't worked up the nerve to try any of the focus adjustments, and don't have the equipment to adjust the greyscale. Looks like Gregg did a great job for you!

3. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Excellent writeup Scott! Thanks!

4. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Wow....thats excellent, Scott. :)

5. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Watching Gregg do the focus was neat, The screen was on and he was able to do the focus using string!

AMAZING!

Money well spent!

Too bad everyone here wasn't local it would be cool to have a DBStalk.COM movie night :D

Scott

6. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    I had a bunch of people over my house last night, and my guests commented how good the picture looks now.

Money well spent!

7. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    Scott, how does the standard def Dish picture look now? I see a lot of replies to people who are unhappy with their DBS picture on their HDTVs and the answer is always get it calibrated. Just curious.

8. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    All around the colors seem more colorfull, my DBS picture thankfully gained from having this done.

My wifes father comes over once a week and he like watching the Westerns Channel, the Black and White films looked much much better after calibration, now the backround look like they should instead of the skies looking like digital blob boxes.

About the only time I see the compression is in fast moving scenes. But it did do wonders for my normal DBS stuff as well.

9. John Walsh

John Walsh Godfather/Supporter

Apr 22, 2002
    Sounds like he does a great job. I am really glad you posted your experience here. I went to Greggs web page and saw that he is doing a tour of South Florida in November so I shot him an Email in hope of getting him to adjust my Toshiba 57H81

10. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Mentor

Apr 8, 2002
    hi guys!

John, Ive had some other interested people for south Florida too. If we can get at least 4 together I can come sooner than November.

11. John Walsh

John Walsh Godfather/Supporter

Apr 22, 2002
    Sounds great. You've got my email so keep me informed

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.