1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know its stupid but...

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Sirshagg, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 9, 2007 #1 of 20
    Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    It REALLY bugs me when characters on shows are going about their business carying coffee cups that are supposed to be full and by the way they handle them it's clear that they are empty.:ramblinon

2. Dec 9, 2007 #2 of 20
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Hey, we all have pet peeves. Mine is any time they can read a license plate from a security camera across the street.

3. Dec 9, 2007 #3 of 20
    TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    The "infinite resolution" cameras on CSI drive me insane! There was also one with the 6 feet of over scan AND infinite resolution security tape. :)

I gotta get me one of those new "fractal-cams". :D

4. Dec 9, 2007 #4 of 20
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Or how from a hand-held video camera of a casual public person.
    Had good enough resoulution...

That they where able to get an image, of someone's sun-glasses....
    And then blow that up big enough to see the face of the person in the glasses.

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I know its stupid but...

...it bugs me that some people I know act like HDTV is
    just a passing fad.

...some people here who should know better think that
    DTV is the same as HDTV.

6. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Where do all the characters in these shows get the seemingly endless amount of money for the expensive cars, homes, boats, air travel, vacations, clothes and jewelry?

7. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Why is it that the principals in all three CSI series have screwed up love lives?
    Actually, you can probably extend that to many other programs as well. Is it that we thrive on other peoples' misery?

8. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I hate the fact that on CSI, they never freaking use the lights . I understand about preserving the scene and all, but they are wearing rubber gloves and if they were carefull it would not matter. Plus they go traipsing around the scene with street shoes and don;t usually seem too concerned about where they walk (and they can;t see what they step on due to no lights). And to top that, I can't remember ever seeing one single episode where they dust a light switch for prints or mention getting a print off one.

I know it is for the atmosphere of the show, but it still irritates me.

9. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    I know it's stupid but...

...why didn't Peter Petrelli just walk through the damn vault?

Tim Kring, you better make up for it, otherwise you'll be the next "Lost."

10. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    ...or how those young people can afford such great apartments?

11. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    If we couldn't have fantasy then we'd all be stuck in the reality that we are.

12. Tyralak

Tyralak Icon

Jan 24, 2004
    Ah yes. CSI and their magical computers that can somehow resolve the lettering on a person's hat from their reflection in another person's sunglasses. :rolleyes: If that show was marketed as sci-fi it would be fine, but too many people think what they do on that show is real. :lol:

13. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I have read news articles that Juries in real trials are often upset at the prosecution/cops because the evidence is not better or they don;t have all the things that TV shows have.

14. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    ... whenever you see a P/U, van or SUV, and it is mentioned in the dialog, it is almost invariably referred to as a "car."

Speaking of vehicles, there's also the "Thelma and Louise effect" (TM me) where the appearance of a vehicle must be accompanied by that vehicle's distinct horn, whistle, engine rev, etc. See a train, hear a train (no crossings or motels for miles). See an 18-wheeler, hear an 18-wheeler (no apparent hazard).

15. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    Sirshagg, the empty coffee cups also make the wrong sound when they put them down!

How about when the pick up heavy boxes that are obviously empty?

TNGTony, Tyralak, & Earl,The "infinite resolution" cameras on CSI drive us insane too!

Their cameras can even fix blurry!

And LeeL, we also wonder every time why the CSI's can never figure out to turn on the lights. Maybe it messes with the infinite resolution cameras?

Here is how to get out of jury duty. You say... I watch every CSI show. I am the perfect person to be the jury foreman because I am something of an expert on DNA and fingerprint evidence. If the person weren't guilty, they wouldn't be here. I can't wait to go through all of the DNA and other forensics.

Both the prosecution and defense will want you off.

- Craig

16. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    Haha - glad to see other people have trouble with CSI "liberties". Another of my pet peeves is why, when you see a lone bird in a sky, usually in a western, it always lets out that lone screech, usually the wrong species to make that noise. It's like 100 years ago someone taped the perfect predatory bird noise, and it has been used in every movie since.

17. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    They must utilize unfuzzy logic! :lol:

18. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    :lol:

i can hear it in my head right now....

19. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Why is it that when people pick up cell phones you can hear a DTMF tone before they say "Hello"? My phones never did that, maybe the old microTAC but none since.

20. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    ..and get fingerprints off the video.

Here's one of the oldest TV pet peeves. Why did the Howell's have all that luggage for a "three hour tour?" If it were "my" island I sure wouldn't be bunking with the Skipper, I'd be on the othe rside of the island with Mary Ann :heybaby:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.