1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

I LOVE the BIG D's services. Why does it seem they are punishing me

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by booboo, Jun 24, 2013.

1. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I recently posted about having to cancel the service we had due to a death. I was told by office of the president that the service needed to be canceled. I done just that; Thanks to help from a lot of you. I thought I could move on. We crunched the numbers and with the first year discount we decided to move ahead with a new contract. 4 phone calls today and in all 4 of them I had to keep mentioning the death of my mother. Then I'm told oh yea we see it here. Even the 4th call was to retention. Why I was transferred to them I have no idea. I'm starting to wonder is D service worth having to mentioning my mothers death. We are not asking for a lot of bells and whistles. Just the basic package they're offering to new customers. 1 Genie I don't care if its the 34 or 44 at this point. Any ideas on how I should proceed at this point? Should I email the office of the president again? Thanks in advance for advice. This website/app is the best on the web in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    If you are required to return everything, yes you should be treated as a new customer.

Stop wasting your time and contact the president office again.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I am guessing this is all the same address and that the last name is the same? This is an unusual situation and not surprised at the issue you are having as generally they have steps in place to avoid letting people simply switch to a spouses name etc to get new deals, which without exact knowledge your situation may look like at first glance.

Maybe the office if the president could help facilitate this for you as well.

4. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Changing the address on the closed account should take care of the issue.

5. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ya'll are exactly correct. It's an odd situation because of the address and phone numbers. See my moms old phone number was recycled and just moved to another family member on our AT&T family account. So it's throwing the garden variety CSR for a loop. I'm gonna shoot the office of the president a email explaining what's going on. Not demanding anything or being a jerk. I'm just gonna ask nicely and see what that gets me. I JUST WANT MY DTV BACK :-( lol I also want to stop having to say hey this is due to my mom passing away. Last CSR thought I was weird because I got emotional. What's the best email to use to contact the presidents office?

6. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    If I was having this much trouble at a very emotional time I wouldn't waste the effort on "educating" the folks causing the problem. I'd just find another provider and take their new customer deals. Don't worry, DirecTV won't forget about you-the pestering to come back would probably start in just a few weeks.

7. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    When the account is cancelled under this reason, all communication for returning customer offers is also cancelled.

8. kaminar

kaminar Mentor

Mar 25, 2012
    The typical sales person cannot override internal systems..as mentioned above, using the same last name and/or telephone and/or address will alert the system. Usually, it means someone is trying to circumvent the rules. For you, this is not the case..using a different last name and telephone number is the best way to proceed with no issues. Always a good idea to order online at http://directv.com.

To contact the Office of the President directly (Senior VP Customer Care--Ellen Filipiak), click the link below:
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016

Good luck!

-=K=-

9. omartinjordan

omartinjordan AllStar

Mar 25, 2013
    Should be simple. Call and tell them the situation again and when they put you throught the wringer just tell them what you are looking for and if they would like to continue getting payments from you they will accept it or switch to a different provider. I get sick of all the calling. Do they want something or nothing?

10. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Good. Then the poor fellow who lost a loved one will be done with DirecTV once and for all and they won't pester him.

11. booboo

booboo New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    First I want to say how pleasantly amazed I was with the kind words and help I received from everyone on my threads about my ordeal. I'm pleased that there are still good people in the world. I can say that I've finally got this situation completely resolved. The final email and return call from the office of the president resolved everything. We will be receiving a Genie and 2 clients. I guess that's what they are called. Me and my fiancé call them Genie minis. We are getting the new customer package. 3 months free premium, sunday ticket max and the discounts. There were a couple remarks that caught me off guard but they were not rude at all. The reason I went through this is simple. In my opinion there is no better service than DTV. I have been looking forward to recording 5 shows at once and the 1TB of storage well wow! Again Thanks to EVERYONE that helped! I look forward to many more conversations!

12. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Nice of you to post that.

Hope you enjoy for many years.

13. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Excellent to hear it all got worked out at a time when working things like this out are not what one likely wants to be doing.

And yeah, this board usually is a pretty good place to get some help around here.. ;) You are very welcome...