1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help bfore 9-2 please

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BAMAJAS, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMAJAS

BAMAJAS Cool Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I am going to a football game tomorrow and am taking my direct tv with me. I used to take Dish Network and had no problems. I bought a dish(dsa-18s) but I noticed that there is no where to tilt the dish like my other Dish Network dish. Do Direct Tv dishes not need to be tilted? Also, how can I find the elevation for zip for 35487(Tuscaloosa, AL)? Thanks

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    If it is a single LNB dish, there is no tilt adjustment needed, since that is used to align things for multiple satellies. The 2-, 3- and 5-LNB dishes have a tilt adjustment. You can find the azimuth and elevation settings by going to menu/setup on your receiver, which you will have to do anyway, since the settings are only approximate and you will have to tweak them to get the best picture.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Your DSA-18S is a single satellite dish. Just aim it at the 101-deg W satellite and your good to go. No tilt adjustment.

4. BAMAJAS

BAMAJAS Cool Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Thanks for the help. I thought I was going to have to buy a new dish. In relation to the Dish Network satellites, are the Direct satellites more west or east(left or right if you will)? I used to have my dish set at 50 elevation for the Dish Network. Again, thanks for the help.

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    The main (101) satellite will be to the left. The 110 and 119 satellites are at the same position as the main Dish satellites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.