1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

I need help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bootlegger, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bootlegger

bootlegger New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    I currently have a turk directv plus 2 lnb dish. I purchased a turk s-25 hd antenna for over the air hd. Circuit City rep told me I could take the feed from s-25, put into multiswitch on the dish, and split with a diplexir to the directv receiver(not hd) and also into my tv(hd tuner is built in). There are only 4 outlets(to receivers), and doen't seem to be an input for the antenna.

If I go to a Directv HD Reciver, should I add a 3rd lnb, or go to a new dish. Either way will I have to run more coaxial into the house, or can I use the current coaxial, and just switch out a current receiver?

I hope I am being clear

Thanks

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    It depends on what multiswitch you have on your 2 LNB dish. If it has a fifth input, it is for the OTA.

If you buy an HD receiver through DirecTV they should install the newer Phase III triple LNB oval dish because you need the sat at 110 for some HD channels. This dish has a four output multiswitch built in. So you need to run your OTA cable or diplex it onto one of the cable from the dish. I would run all four lines from the dish into a central or common location. The OTA too, if you don't diplex it. It is at that common location where you would install a cascadable multiswitch if you need more than four outputs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.