1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

I used Media Center until HD

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by rog47776, Jan 8, 2012.

1. rog47776

rog47776 Cool Member

May 23, 2010
    I used Media Center as an STB from version 2005 (XP) to Win 7...and left it only after I upgraded to HD from my provider. I was quite disappointed to learn the movie industry was making it near impossible for PC card makers to create HDMI input adapters. I'm on DTV so there's no "cable card" I could use.

So, I wonder what others are doing to resolve the HD issue with Media Center, or any PC based HTPC?

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    There are 3-4 tuner cable card adapters you can get. Nothing for satellite. Ton of solutions for HD for OTA and clear QAM though.

3. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    That is correct...nothing from that sat providers. Though DISH NETWORK did show a USB connection to a box a few years back and it was running the content though a MCPC. They did not see the market for it and dropped it. So sad as I also use media centers thoughtout my home to share content.