1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want Redzone without Sunday Ticket

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Spazzman, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Spazzman

Spazzman AllStar

Oct 8, 2006
    I am annoyed here. I called D* twice today trying to get just Red Zone without having to subscribe to full NFL Sunday Ticket. Both times I was told no and they want boo koo bucks for me to sub to full Sunday Ticket. I know others have done this (by reading other posts). Can someone help me and tell me who I need to talk to at D*. I am tired of being told No. Thanks everyone.

2. FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    Call and say cancel service and then cancel service again at the voice prompts. That will get you to retention and they will help you out.

3. Spazzman

Spazzman AllStar

Oct 8, 2006
    they are still telling me no... $334.95... they offered... me half off on ST. annoying.

4. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Did you tell them you want to cancel your account? Tell them you want to cancel your account because you can get Redzone through Dish Network for MUCH MUCH cheaper than half off of the Sunday Ticket price.

5. Spazzman

Spazzman AllStar

Oct 8, 2006
    she told me "that would be the way to go." by going to dish.

6. tsduke

tsduke Godfather

Mar 20, 2007
    Wow...now that's a great CSR to have on your team Directv.

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    In some cases, that's absolutely the right answer. I don't think it was in this case, but only the OP knows the full circumstances.

8. tsduke

tsduke Godfather

Mar 20, 2007
    I can't think of why telling a customer to take there money elsewhere is the "right" thing to do.

9. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    Not everybody gets the best deal. I got the full ticket for free first call. Definitely do the cancel twice, be nice and give several convincing reasons you deserve a good deal. I always call in July though. Call back and good luck.

10. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I can...

Doesn't pay their bill.
    Has received enough freebies.
    Complains constantly about things that can't be changed.
    Harasses employees.
    etc.

11. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    How long are you with DirecTV

12. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    You have to threaten to cancel to go to a provider that has RZC for free and they'll do it. It's the most ridiculous thing ever.

13. tsduke

tsduke Godfather

Mar 20, 2007
    Customer is always right.:D

14. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I just called retention and asked for it. They added it after trying to sell me Sunday Ticket.

15. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Right doesnt mean there entitled to every freebie :p
    Considering the fact they just keep saying no and that a CSR even stated that a better option would be going to Dish probably means that the OP probably doesnt qualify for promotions anymore (presumably for having received to many, or maybe not being a great customer).

16. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    That's what it took for me, too, after 3 different people in the regular channels told me it was impossible. (even though I had it last year.)

I get that they want to drive NFLST traffic but this is bordering on absurdity. They're shooting themselves in the foot and as soon as fios pulls fiber down my street I'm done playing games.

17. csrrocks2011

csrrocks2011 AllStar

Aug 10, 2011
    *sigh* it's calls like these that just irritate the heck out of us CSRs. "I wanna talk to retention because you won't give me what I want." wow, really? *sigh*

18. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, you can insert whatever applies in the following list: (wont/cant/arent authorized/dont know about it/pretend you dont know about it).

I dont ever talk to a CSR. I go directly to retention when I call in. Last time I talked to a regular CSR I was calling to have my spare receiver turned back on. They managed to do that, and at the same time managed to remove my DVR service and whole home MRV. I ended up with no DVR service for two days while the presidents office got it straightened out. No more of that.

19. csrrocks2011

csrrocks2011 AllStar

Aug 10, 2011
    not all CSRs are like that. And to group us all together is asinine.

20. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I agree. Both of the last two years, I offered to PAY for the Red Zone channel, but they refused to charge me, and told me they would give it to me free because I was such a good customer (?)