1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

I want to move my TV to another room?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by ljnskywalker, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ljnskywalker

ljnskywalker AllStar

Feb 22, 2007
    If I move my TV to another room, will DirecTV come out and change all the wires and stuff, or will I have to pay for them to do this?

2. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    you will have to pay, it is called a relocate, as in relocating to another room, and is about 69.00

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    curt is correct, but if you already have cable running to that location that goes back to where the sat cables or switch is connected, you can swap the cable (or just connect the cable to that room to an open port on the switch) and move the receiver yourself.

If you need cable run, have them do it.

4. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    If you are contemplating adding another receiver in the future, now would be the time. If you order another tuner, they will install it including all the cables with no installation charge.

5. ljnskywalker

ljnskywalker AllStar

Feb 22, 2007
    Would I love to add another receiver, but I only have one TV. Trying to get the wife-factor to let me get another TV. (Can't blame it totally on her, we are expecting our first child so that has a little something to do with it.) :grin: For now though I think I will have to just do the Relocation.

6. Doom878

Doom878 AllStar

Sep 22, 2008
    Even with the insurance there's a charge right?

7. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The Protection Plan covers your EXISTING infrastructure. It does not pay for new infrastructure.