1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wish DIRECTV (positively acknowledged returns received)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Ned C, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Ned C

Ned C AllStar

Mar 6, 2008
    Racine WI
    would let us know when they receive a returned receiver. Such a point is made when you request to return one. i.e. must be sent in a certain period of time, must send back the card and remote. I wish they would let us know if and when they got it so we would be assured it wasn't "LOST" is shipping. Just a thought..

NC

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Isn't this what the tracking number does/is for?

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Until that time, it is imperative that the subscriber retain the tracking information to confirm delivery for themselves.

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    The label on the return tag that you keep has the tracking number. Just go to Fedex and look, you'll see they when they got it and who signed for it.

5. Ned C

Ned C AllStar

Mar 6, 2008
    Racine WI
    i guess the tracking number shows that someone signed for it. yes, but I was referring to going to the website to show us that it was received. I guess to much to ask with all the paperwork huh?

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    There is nothing easier than using a FedEx or UPS tracking number... both organizations know an almost alarming amount of information about where a package is. DirecTV's website would not be the most reliable place I would turn to for that kind of information.

7. Ned C

Ned C AllStar

Mar 6, 2008
    Racine WI
    thanks all for your opinions..

8. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    I think a simple solution to both would be to have both tracking numbers on the website. Currently you can view the tracking number of the item shipped to you but not the return tracking number. I think the idea has merit and would be a simple solution you should click on the contact us link on the web page and let them know your opinion on it. You'll get a generic letter back about always improving features but you never know if it's something they will add because of requests.

9. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    I think he has a point. Just because a receiver was delivered to DirecTV's refurb company doesn't guarantee by any means that it was "received" and entered into the DirecTV system. A great many companies offer this type of information to their customers.

10. weadjust

weadjust AllStar

May 9, 2008
    Tupelo, MS
    I shipped one back yesterday. You can log into your account online and click on "My Equipment". This will show all receivers on your account. Right now my account shows I have a HR-21 and HR-22 in the living room. When the HR-21 is removed from my equipment list I will know that they received the DVR.

11. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    It does make sense and is easier than hand typing those long numbers in. :)

Some companies will send an email when a return is received. I expect someone from DIRECTV is watching, hopefully they'll take the opportunity. :)

Cheers,
    Tom

12. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Just curious because it's been a while since I've deactivated a receiver, but doesn't the receiver drop off your equipment list when it's deactivated, not when they actually recieve it?

13. CJTE

CJTE Hall Of Fame

Sep 17, 2007
    I understand that point and agree with it. However, just because a receiver is delivered to DirecTV's refurb company doesn't guarantee that they check it in when it's "received".
    Rather it goes into a storage area until it can be processed, which could be days...

I personally ha(d)(ve) an excel spreadsheet with all my receivers (past and present and future planned) including access card numbers, rid numbers, and return tracking numbers (if applicable).
    Helps me keep track of all that crap.

Now if only I could find the thumbdrive I put the excel sheet on...

14. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

DirecTV will let you know if a receiver(s) does not arrive or is lost DirecTV will charge you full price on your creditcard for each receiver(s) that does not arrive or is lost.Then it only takes two months to get your money back if they are wrong.:eek2:

That's why it's very important for the subscriber to keep track if the box(s) are sent out on directv's website and when received not to hesitate to send them back while using the tracking numbers monitoring their progress on the shipper's website then when you see they are signed for print out that information for your records.Believe me when I say the clock is ticking when you order a return box and to trust this to DirecTV is like letting the fox guard the henhouse.:nono2:

15. Ned C

Ned C AllStar

Mar 6, 2008
    Racine WI
    HI:
    Just because they de-activated a card, doesn't mean they have the receiver in there possession. My card was gone on my account, the day I called request a shipping box.

16. Ned C

Ned C AllStar

Mar 6, 2008
    Racine WI
    Thanks all for your opinions and suggestions

NEDC

17. CJTE

CJTE Hall Of Fame

Sep 17, 2007
    Off your public list (the one you see on the website) yes.
    Off your DirecTV account (the one in DirecTV's Customer DB) no.

Otherwise they would have to rebuild the receiver every time you wanted to reactivate one of your old ones.
    Right now when they deactivate a receiver, it just goes into a deactivated state in your account in their database. Then you can call in to turn it back on.

The receiver usually drops from your account once it's reissued to another account but that is not always the case.

18. w3syt

w3syt Legend

Feb 17, 2006
    Keep your tracking # for a good long time. I needed a number once weeks later.

Also, a CR recently pointed out that I still had a 10-250 which actually was taken by an Ironwood tech who installed a new HR-21. I think Directv would have a hard time proving their side of a challenge on these things.