1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I would love to see D/L speed on HR20

Discussion in 'Service - DIRECTV On Demand CE Versions' started by rmgator90, Sep 1, 2007.

1. rmgator90

rmgator90 Cool Member

Aug 20, 2006
    I would love to see the d/l and connection speed. All that I have on the hr20 is % d/l and not the speed of the d/l. If it could be based upon mbps and then I can determine if I am having ISP issues, DOD issues, or equipment issues. On another post, there are some links that we are able use and see our ISP connection speed from our computer, but that doesn't really tell us what is going on with the hr20.
    I am connected with a Buffalo wireless ethernet adapter and it is working well. However, I am not sure at what speed or the quality of that connection is.

Could prevent complaints about DOD d/l speeds to DTV when it is actually an ISP or internet equipment issue.

Just an idea.

2. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Except, of course, if a speed decrease is because the DirecTV video servers had an issue or their bandwidth became constrained.
    Download speed can be helpful, but a lot of the time you can't be sure why something slows down.

3. bbaleno

bbaleno Legend

Jul 31, 2007

I agree. a dl rate would be very usefull.
    the other day I had to use my laptop to check the speed to the hr20.

4. flexoffset

flexoffset Godfather

Jul 16, 2007
    I suppose you could pick up that new Belkin N1 Vision router that shows lots of real-time information. If it's worth $200 to find out the speed.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2hwdo2