1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Iamanedgecutter Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by johneli, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johneli

johneli Cool Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Hr20 700 0x168

I have been reading that if you type "iamanedgecutter" into search and when you get no result you hold down the menu and info keys simultaneously you will get a menu that allows you to make some cool changes to the unit's functionality. When I follow these instructions the only menu I get is "Playlist Options" with no where to go from there. I must be doing something wrong but damned if I can determine what it is. Please help.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Some of the original edgecutter options have been moved to an open menu under setup.

Carl

3. mike_augie

mike_augie You call I haul..

Oct 10, 2006
    welcome to the site and yes that is correct ...make sure that you are doing thoese commands from the box and not form the remote....and when you did your search did you do it form the keyword?? but other than that it should work ....enjoy and once agian welcome

4. johneli

johneli Cool Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Thanks to both of you! First to you Carl for pointing out that those changes are indeed in my display menu. And to you Mike for the warm welcome. Thanks guys.

5. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    It isn't stated explicitly in this thread, but for anyone else coming along who's trying to get to any hidden setup options, make sure you input IAMANEDGECUTTER on the keyword search, wait for the "no results" message, and then you can press MENU + INFO simultaneously on the front panel. Also, you only have to enter the keyword search once. As long as it's in your list of recent searches, you can always just go to the front panel and press MENU + INFO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.