1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iced Tea Makers

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Mike Bertelson, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    My wife loves her iced tea maker but it's getting old and needs a new pitcher.

When we got ours there were only a few on the market. Now the butt load of them.

With different ways of doing things there always a compromise to be had for certain features.

All the ads and marketing play up the features so if you have one what don't you like about it.

TIA

Mike

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I sell/repair Ice tea machines. Are you talking about an actual machine, or some type of specialty home thing? If you are talking about the kinds in restaurants, I can probably get you an urn for it.

3. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    I'm talking about the home machines...Mr Coffee, Hamilton Beach, Oster to name a few that have home brew iced tea makers.

Mike

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    OK. Sorry. Dont know anything about the home ones. BTW, url links quit working. Dont know if its my browser or DBSTalk.

5. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    I think it's probably Amazon. I linked a sample search to show the kind of machines I was talking about but it just seems to take me to their front page. :shrug:

Mike

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Does the same thing for links to monoprice. Just started acting that way recently.

7. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    neverheardofsuchathing

I just use water and a teaspoon of instant.

8. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Understood.

However, my wife likes fresh brewed tea and I'm looking for suggestions for a replacement of her current maker.

BTW, we've had our current Mr Coffee iced tea maker for years. They've been around for a long time. :grin:

Mike

9. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    We have a Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker, but have not used it since we got a Keurig. Most people think of them as being for coffee, but you can get several teas as well. I am currently using an English Breakfast Tea. I just use a large plastic cup (32 oz) filled with ice and brew the tea on the largest cup setting. When it resets, I run it through the same pod again. End up with a glass of very good, fresh ice tea,

Otherwise, I have not really seen any ones other than the Mr. Coffee. I would guess whatever you get won't be as good of quality as the one you have.

10. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    We have a Keurig but it won't fit a cup that large. My wife will drink several glasses a day and we really need it made by the pitcher.

Actually, some of the other makers look to be pretty good. That's why I'm looking to see if anyone has any of these machines.

Mike

11. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    We've been using "The Ice Tea Pot" from Mr Coffee since at least 1994. My wife said to google for Marbeck for a pitcher replacement (a place in Kansas City).

12. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    They have the replacement pitchers for our model on Amazon.

I'm just considering an update.

Mike

13. Karen

Karen Godfather

Oct 4, 2007
    I have a BoschTassimo single serve coffee maker and use it as much for tea as I do for coffee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tassimo

During the summer, I fill a glass with ice, put in the tea disc, press a button and I have a full glass of iced tea. In the winter, I switch between coffee and hot tea.

14. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I assume you're trying to link to this Amazon page.

Unfortunately what we have apparently doesn't exist any more. But if I we're going to buy one today I'd be looking carefully at the reviews on Amazon.

15. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Like I said above a single serving is impractical. We looking to replace our current Mr Coffee Iced Tea Maker with something similar to these.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-TM7...FN48/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321266863&sr=8-2
    http://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-683...S1FU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1321266863&sr=8-3
    http://www.amazon.com/Oster-BVST-TM...U9D4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1321266863&sr=8-4

Mike

16. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    That link takes me to Amazon's front page. It seems if I try to link to an Amazon search it doesn't work but if I link to a specific page it does. :shrug:

Mike

17. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    As a current Tassimo system owner, I would strongly urge someone to look at the Keurig K-Cup system for a single-cup system before purchasing a Tassimo System. With the Keurig K-Cup, there is a substantially larger variety of product (coffee, tea, etc.) on the market as well as the ability to make your own k-cups with the 'My K-Cup' option.

18. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    This isn't about single serve coffee makers. I already have one of those.

I'm looking at iced tea makers.

Mike

19. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007