1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if i remove the HD Package, will i still get SHOHD?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Geoff Goodfellow, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoff Goodfellow

Geoff Goodfellow Mentor

Sep 9, 2004
    i currently have the Dish HD Package + SHO + Locals + CBS HIGH DEFINITION WEST.

if i have the DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE removed (don't watch it, can't get voom without losing some of my locals or getting a 3rd dish) would i lose my SHOHD channel?

SHOHD is really the only thing i watch in HD so i'm paying $11.99 for SHO + $9.99 for the HD Pack. if i could/can still get SHOHD w/o the HD pack, i'd like to save the $ and delete it.

so, it is possible to still get SHO + SHOHD w/o also subscribing to the HD Pack?

thanks in advance guys!
    geoff

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    The only way to get Showtime HD is to subscribe to the Showtime Unlimited package. So canceling the HD Pack will have no effect receiving Showtime HD or any of the other Showtime channels. So to your question, the answer is yes.

3. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    However, another possible issue is present: do you own or lease your HD receiver? If you own it, there is no problem. If you lease it, I believe that you are required to subscribe to the HD Pak. If you drop the HD Pak, you would have to return the HD receiver which means you would not be able to get Showtime HD.

4. Geoff Goodfellow

Geoff Goodfellow Mentor

Sep 9, 2004
    i own everything (now) -- i "upgraded" :D from a Dish DVR 510 in the first part of this year when Dish offered the 34" HDTV + DVR 921 for $999.

5. EchoDish

EchoDish Guest

Deleted Message

6. Geoff Goodfellow

Geoff Goodfellow Mentor

Sep 9, 2004
    that is exactly what i have done: i successfully ditched the ($10/mo - 5 channel) HD PACK but still have the SHO HD channels active as part of the SHO UNLIMITED package.

thanks for the advice guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.