1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

IFC/WE separation

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by -, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Though I have DirecTV, I have been curious about a Dish Network topic: I went into Sears today, looked at Dish Network, did some channel flipping, and looked through Dish Network promotional materials.

I noticed that Independent Film Channel and Women's Entertainment are no longer presented as split services -- and that they are now offered by Dish Network as full service programming stations.

I think this is great, and it's the way it should be done. After all, there's a reason why Dish and DirecTV subscribers have gotten away from cable, and split services may be one of many reasons, et al.

My question is this: How long ago did this happen?

2. Guest

It happened in Late January.

3. Guest

I totally agree with you, it is the way it should be.
    Thanks for replying neilster1, I had no idea.
    In the near futurer were going to move this topic over to the Programming forum....... :)

DS0816,Thanks for the input, it's always nice to see a new face here :D

4. Guest

It happened on Jan 22 at around 1PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.