1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFC, what's the problem?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Mr.72, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    Hey folks-

Over the past week or two I have tried to catch a movie here and there on IFC. What in the heck is wrong with that channel? I have a VIP622. It looks like the frame rate is about 8 frames per second and the picture is the most compressed monstrosity I have ever seen. It looks like video you shoot on a camera phone. Is this to be expected?

I will email dish support and see if they have an answer. My other channels look ok although I should say, I don't check them all. I just watch a handful. Previously I thought the worst quality picture/video on dish was the RSN but the PQ/video quality on IFC is about ten times worse. Makes movies kind of unwatchable.

2. pweezil

pweezil LGOE/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Oct 11, 2002
    MR.72,
    Try sending an email to dishquality@echostar.com. They handle video problems and most likely will get right back to you to let you know what's going on.

3. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    the same problem is on Fox Movie Channel FMC channel 133. I emailed that address as well as the tech support address. We'll see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.