1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IKD and programs disappear from playlist

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gp4rts, Jan 13, 2010.

1. gp4rts

gp4rts Mentor

Aug 18, 2006
    Tonight for the first time in months there was an IKD (Biggest Loser). Remembering some ideas from past IKD posts, I tried a red-button reset. The Biggest Loser disappeared from the playlist. What's more, most other programs that were recorded today (1/12) or yesterday also disappeared from the playlist. They also did not appear on the history, while programs that were recorded yesterday (Big Bang Theory) and today (American Idol) and watched today and deleted showed up on the history as recorded and deleted. Only two programs (both Chef's Academy) remained on the playlist and the history.

Can this be a result of a defective receiver/DVR?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I'm sorry... IKD?

What you describe seems like the runaway recording/lost harddrive space bug. Basically, a recording continues to record and eat up disk space. This causes shows to be deleted as the runaway recording uses up the disk space. Resetting the receiver fixes the issue, but usually at the expense of lost programs. I assume that you are running software version 0x0368? Also what is the make/model of your receiver?

- Merg

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    IKD = Instant "Keep or Delete" when you attempt to play the show.

It generally means that the recording is corrupt, and the DVR skips to the end, then asks you to K or D.

4. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    When you reset the DVR, it found a problem with the files for those shows, and deleted them. (BTW, it is always safer to do a menu reset over a red button reset if your receiver is not locked up.) Since the shows went to instant "keep or delete", the files were likely corrupt and were deleted.

Since you said all shows from Tuesday were deleted, I would first look at signal strengths on both tuners. If it tried to record shows and didn't have a signal, you would get an instant keep or delete. (Make sure to check both tuners and all satellites.)

5. gp4rts

gp4rts Mentor

Aug 18, 2006
    Would it also delete the shows from the history?

Now that you mention it, there was a problem on one channel on Monday where I was getting a "searching for satellite" message and gray screen. Also I have seen posts where D* is having problems with the 119ยบ satellite. That perhaps is the cause of the problem. Since I never got a chance to (attempt to) watch the deleted recordings, I don't know if they were also IKD.

If what you are saying is correct, then this should be a one-time problem (or at least infrequent). Thank you for the reply.