1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by oldschoolecw, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Jun 2, 2009 #1 of 180
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Did any of you catch this last night? :nono2:

This is a super turd of a show and I can’t believe they treat us peasants this way. At different times in the first episode I was like WTF, that team lost the food privilege and the winning team was told not to give any part of there food to the losers. That didn’t work, they all shared the winners food.

Another part was a contest for tribe leader and it was a total fail of a Competition from cheating by holding onto posts that had a bucket of some kind of sludge that if tipped onto person, said person would lose. Well said person did lose but was wearing a rain coat so she wouldn’t get her hair dirty, I guess.

There were so many things that should have insulted your intelligence. :mad:

And then I get my first glimpse of a married couple that are supposedly so popular that even people that live in the Uganda Jungle talk about them all day long. But for some reason I have never heard of them until last night, this couples name, the “Hills”. :confused:I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of them until last night.

I could go on but would rather be entertained by your thoughts on this show if you have any? :)

2. Jun 2, 2009 #2 of 180
    dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    The show seemed fake as hell to me. Especially their camp. Looks like a big set.

3. Jun 2, 2009 #3 of 180
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    It did look like a set and did you notice the cameras were painted camouflage?:lol:

4. Jun 2, 2009 #4 of 180
    say-what

say-what DIRECTV A-Team

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Since I was doing stuff around the house and wasn't really going to be able to pay much attention to anything for any length of time, I left NBC on last night and all I can say is I don't think they could concoct a worse show if they tried. That was horrible and the so-called celebrities were insufferable has-beens and wannabees - sorry Heidi and Spencer, that goes for you and your overblown perceptions of yourselves too.

If they cancel the show tonight, does everyone have to stay in the jungle? Please..... :)

5. Jun 2, 2009 #5 of 180
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    4 nights a week for 3 weeks is an eternity for a stinker of a show like this one :lol:
    But you raise an interesting question if they take this show off the airwave do they get set free, or can they make this more interesting for us the viewer by turning the tide by going the “Running Man” style game show route:D

I would watch then

6. Jun 2, 2009 #6 of 180
    ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    It will make me find the time to watch and clear off all the recorded shows that have stacked up over the fall season on my 722......

Prison Break....

Boston Legal....

Heroes.....

Damages....

Breaking Bad....

The Tudors....

:lol:

7. Jun 2, 2009 #7 of 180
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I watched most of the show on FF4 and actually enjoyed it (at least the commercials).

Series Link was quickly deleted and NBC will not have to worry about my running up their phone bill by calling any of the toll-free numbers on the contestants shirts

8. Jun 2, 2009 #8 of 180
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Sadly, I can tell you what network I won't be watching for the next three weeks.

9. Jun 2, 2009 #9 of 180
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    So far this show looks like it would be more appropriately named “I'm a TV viewer ... Get Me the F Out of Here”:)

10. Jun 2, 2009 #10 of 180
    Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    The Hills was the name of their show.

His name is Spencer Pratt. Her name is Heidi (Montag) Pratt.

And yes, they're idiots.

I didn't really "watch" the show, but it was on "in the background", mostly because there's NOTHING ON TV EXCEPT THIS GARBAGE. I hate the "off season".

Clearly, most of these "celebrities" are attention seeking morons. Stephen Baldwin - has he done anything except appear on "celebrity reality shows"? Two comedian chicks I've never heard of. Sanjaya "I want to be a pop star but I suck too horribly and have a stupid haircut" Malakar.

The "interesting" part of the show for me was that Lou Diamond Phillips and John Salley, seemed (at least in the parts of the show that I paid attention to) like they could care less that they're "ON TV". They're there (it seemed) because this was a chance to give some money to charity. They both made comments about being appreciative of living in the spotlight for the last however many years they've been "famous". Of all the "celebrities", those two seemed like they were the most "grounded", even recognizing that 'fame is fleeting' and commenting about how Spencer and Heidi were "more famous than us right now".

All in all, the show is pretty lame. It's one of those that if I happen to be sitting in front of the TV with nothing on, and it comes on, I might watch with one eye while I'm doing whatever else I'm doing, but I certainly won't go out of my way to record, or otherwise catch, the show.

Yes, I admit, I'm a "reality TV" junkie, and this show is sort of like the accident you see on the way to work - you have to slow down and look at it, even though you know you shouldn't.

11. Jun 2, 2009 #11 of 180
    pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    Against my better judgement I setup a series link for this show. I figured I'd give it a show considering noting much else is on. Then I happened to catch a promo where they mantioned the "cast" and among them was the wife of Rod Blagovitch. It was in that instant that I decided watching a blank screen would be better.

12. Jun 2, 2009 #12 of 180
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Then you missed the best part when Mrs Blago was asked if her husband was guilty. Her long-winded defense of him on NBC made for a touching, much needed political break. :rolleyes:

13. Jun 2, 2009 #13 of 180
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    The best thing (for the network) would be for one of the Pratt's to get voted off this week and keep the other around until the end. 2+ weeks of listening to the other whine about how life sucks without the other.

The best thing for the viewer though would be to time warp to July 1st and put this misery behind us..

14. Jun 2, 2009 #14 of 180
    say-what

say-what DIRECTV A-Team

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
  15. Jun 2, 2009 #15 of 180
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
  16. Jun 2, 2009 #16 of 180
    Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    Well, you know, he DID do everything for "The People" 100% of the time, all the time, every day, and that made the powerful politicians and special interest groups angry, so they framed him and railroaded him out of town.

It's all a setup - why can't you just all see that. :rolleyes:

17. Jun 2, 2009 #17 of 180
    Zellio

Zellio Icon

Mar 8, 2009
    What is this crap you people speak of? No, don't tell me, this is why I spend my time watching movies/sports and documentaries when I watch tv, and spend my other times playing video games, reading or learning new things.

Tv shows by and large now are complete mindless manure.

18. Jun 2, 2009 #18 of 180
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    [:lol: hee-hee]

19. Jun 2, 2009 #19 of 180
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I think this one falls within your definition. :D

20. Jun 2, 2009 #20 of 180
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I think you're right, but not at first. Most of us will tune in to see the finish of the elimination challenge ... then tune out.