1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused about the Big 10 network and Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by akw4572, Jun 24, 2012.

1. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    Is it part of the AT 250 pack or not? I was ordering through a chat off of the Dish Network website tonight, and the CSR said I could add the Big Ten Network, and other regional sports networks for $9. It is listed on the website as being part of the AT 250. I'm in zip code 41005 if that matters.

2. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    Disregard, when I mouse over it, I see it's only available for free in certain states.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It is available as RSN in states (but not including entire state is some instances) that has a Big Ten School. Otherwise, you need the Multi-sports pack to get it and it's alternate channels.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If you're in a Big Ten school market, then you should get it as long as you subscribe to AT120+ or better (something that includes your RSNs).

Outside of the Big Ten market, you can subscribe to multi-sport and get other RSNs, Big Ten, and things like NFL Network Red Zone.

5. beavis

beavis Icon

Jun 8, 2005
    At least one state (Indiana) has areas where Big 10 Network isn't an RSN, and you gotta sub to the MultiSports Pack to get it.

6. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Because they have a Kentucky local market.

7. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Which team is that?

8. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Louisville, KY market, half's in IN.

9. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Big Ten deals with the state a team is in, not a particular market. Which Big Ten Team is in KY?

Note: I believe Stewart meant to say state, not market.

10. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    Well, the initial confusion came up because, as I was browsing the channels in the AT 250 as I was making my selection, and clicked on the "sports" checkmark. The Big Ten Network came up as being part of the package. It's not until you move the cursor over the channel that it tells you the channel only comes in certain states as part of the package.

11. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I said market intentionally because I thought I had read before about people in a Big Ten "state" not getting the channel because their DMA was considered to be in another conference's market.

I could be wrong, but I swear I had read that before.

12. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I remember reading BTN would only be available within any state that has a Big Ten school but may not be available for all dma's with the state. I know Pennsylvania has it except in the City of Philadelphia. I have it since I live in PA, even though my dma is NYC. No one in NY state has it as part of their dma. It is confusing.

13. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    For the most part it is entire states, but there are portions of Indiana that do not get BTN as a regular RSN.