1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm no longer sure the RZC is worth $60

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by saleen351, Dec 3, 2012.

1. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I used to be a RZC nut, but for some reason I changed my viewing this year to more of the game mix channel. Sure having a 61" tv helps and lets be honest D has gotten better at GM, it's far faster and doesn't mess up the audio as often.

Basically the GM channel is your RZC and one thing either by luck or design the GM channel is always slightly ahead of the game channel thus if you flip you don't miss much.

I get it, it's only $3.50 a week, but I honestly rarely use it as there few and fewer games on each week.

With bye weeks, MNF, SNF, TNF and just bad games you no longer need the RZC for an extra $60 a week.

My Jets game are a perfect example, only a die hard Jets or Cards fan could have sat thru that mess last week.

I'm curious if I'm in the minority, next year I won't be getting NFL max for an extra $60.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I was unaware that anyone actually paid for the RZC.

But either way, I like it and if you like the GM channel on a 61", you should see it on a big screen display.

3. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Should I have asked for it for free? Were they giving it away for free easily prior to the season?

4. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    I switch back and forth between 2-3 games until they are close to ending. Then I switch to RedZone to watch all the close endings.

That isn't really relevant to the topic, but...beer.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I didn't call this year (but others got it free), but had it free the previous two years.

6. RD in Fla

RD in Fla Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I got it free, but I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case for Jets fans :p