1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm NOT a Twit, er, a Tweeterer, er...!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Nick, Sep 26, 2011.

Do you tweet?

1. Yes, I do!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, never!

16 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Huh?

56 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    ...but many are. Are you one of them?

Find out all about Twitter’s 13 all-time most epic tweets (and the stories behind them) here.

2. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Never tweeted

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Ummmmm....

See Below vvvvvvvvvvvv

4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Nope! Never have and probably never will.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I have an account and follow a few things (Detroit Tigers, CNN Breaking News), but have never tweeted.

6. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I use Twitter much more than FB, I have found it a great source for beraking news info. Many news stories appear on Twitter well before webpages and TV/Radio. The 1st reports I saw of the Reno Air race crash was from people I followed out of the Reno area. Many more public agencies are using Twitter as a way to get their info out. I follow area Fire Depts and Cal Fire, they often put info out on fires breaking out well before it hits "main stream" news. Yes Twitter is "social media" but I don't see it as the same as FB whereas FB is more for keeping in touch with friends and family........twitter is much more dominated by breaking news and writers sharing their info. It's great for sports fans or "news geeks."

7. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    I also use it to follow many items of my personal interests. I tweeted exactly once just so it would quit annoying me to enter my first tweet. If I am dissatisfied with a product I may tweet it because many of those corporations follow mentions of their products, I know both D* & E* do. So I do see it as a useful tool but also know it is used by some tools too! :lol:Having said all that I didn't vote because I didn't know what to choose.

8. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I am a twitter consumer not producer. It is a pretty good way to keep up on breaking news events, both local and national.

9. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    I follow my Redskins and work puts out alerts like closings and such. Never send tho.

10. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    I follow a lot of pro athletes cuz it's kinda fun, kind of like a more personal level with the players you know and love on the field.

Otherwise no I don't tweet, well maybe once a month but no one follows me so it's not like anyone is listening, kinda like now. :grin:

11. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    I Tweet during races with like minded race fans. It's kind of fun. I also follow about 100 people/show/teams. I am off Facebook so it's OK.

12. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I just don't do these new "social media" things - just don't see the point. BBS's and emails is good enough...

Besides there are WAY TOO MANY of people with the same name as me.

13. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    No, I just turn on CSPAN when I want to watch twits and tweets. :rolleyes:

14. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    Ditto!

Only not the Detroit Tigers part. It's San Jose Sharks in this neck of the woods.... but same thing. I follow a few things, a couple of friends, but I have exactly ZERO tweets in my twitter career.

15. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I opened a Twitter account at a lacrosse or baseball game in order to have a chance to win something. So I tweeted once to them, a couple of years ago.

Odd thing is: in the past three months, I got notices that 4-5 people are "following" me, in theory, at least. But there ain't nothing there to follow!

Do you think some people just like to brag how many folks they "follow"?

bst 2 u.

16. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I hear ya', man......:nono2: :lol:

17. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    What's the past tense of Tweet?

18. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Facebook

19. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Same here.

20. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I enjoy using twitter to get the latest news, especially nfl/MLB news, and also follow DBSTalk :D