1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

IMDB pop-ups...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by AntAltMike, Sep 23, 2013.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    ... for NBC's Blacklist tonight at 10:00 PM are making it through my pop-up blocker. I am using Norton, I guess, and they come through whether I am using Mozilla, IE or AOL for the browser. Is there a way to stop them?

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    But,

it's a feature!

Sorry, had to post that, I'm stilled irked over the HDDVR spooling up even more ads idea.

Grrr.

:bang

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    What happens if you use adblock Plus?

4. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    If you tell me what it is, I'll give it a try.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  6. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    It looks like the intrusion is being facilitated by AOL. It is prevalent when I use the AOL browser, but I only see vestiges of it using IE and Mozilla when I have opened my AOL home page through those browsers.

It is now less invasive on the Mozilla-accessed AOL than it was earlier today, even though did not yet download the adBlock Plus add-on that dpeters11 had linked on post #5, so for now, I'm not going to download it so that if it recurrs, I can download then and see if inhibits it. Right now, I don't know if Mozilla went ahead and did something to inhibiot it on their own.

7. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Try chrome or safari with ad block. If be curios if that don't get rid of the issue. I think it would.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

8. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    AOL is worse than a virus. Dump that crap and use Chrome with Adblock Plus.