1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"Incompatible Video Signal"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by je4755, Sep 28, 2013.

1. je4755

je4755 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    While looking for upcoming UEFA games I tuned to channel 491 and received notification of an "incompatible video signal" (a warning I never had seen in my 18 years with DirecTV). The receiver subsequently would not respond to commands from the remote. I accomplished an RBR followed by a power-down; after both reboots the same situation prevailed. I only could watch programming on my HR24-100 by changing the channel from 491 via an arrow key on the front of the box, after which the remote worked properly.

Anyone else encounter this problem and understand what might have caused it? Thanks!

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I've gotten a similar message on an older receiver with an older TV. I never get it on my Genies or on newer TVs.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Yep, old receivers will no longer function.

You need to call DirecTV

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Sounds like your HR24 is on a resolution that your TV does not "like"