1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incomplete installation...Dish is about to lose a loyal customer!

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by ClingF18, Dec 12, 2012.

1. ClingF18

ClingF18 New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Anyone have any recommendations...I was very excited to get my Hopper/Joey installed yesterday. Tech started at around 2pm. At 8pm he still could only get 1 of 3 satellites active and said he would submit an emergency work order and be back in the morning. No word from him and Dish says it will be a few days to get on the schedule. Really? With an incomplete setup? Unbelievable that they are willing to walk away with an incomplete installation and leave me with NO demo of the Hopper/Joey system, NO HD, minimal channel availability, NO sling adapter re-install, and NO wifi system setup. I had no issues with my dual ViP 722 setup and was happy to upgrade. Now I am just about ready to cancel my service. Anyone else have issues like this?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
  3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I apologize your installation was not completed as scheduled. Please PM me your account number so I can review the options available to schedule a technician to return. Please let me know. Thanks.

4. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Sorry to hear you're having problems but I've been with Dish for 12+ years and have never had a problem with any service performed at my house. I recently upgraded to dual Hoppers from dual 622s and it was one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had with any company. It's odd that they had a problem pulling in the Sats if you already had them connected to dual 722s. Did they swap the actual dish setup (EA to WA or vice-versa, dual dish to single, etc.)? I agree that e-mailing the DIRT members on this forum is probably the best way to get this resolved if calling Dish directly doesn't get it done for you quickly. Good luck!

5. ClingF18

ClingF18 New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks Ray. Seems that I cannot PM until I have 5 posts.

6. ClingF18

ClingF18 New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks thomasjk. I'll try.

7. ClingF18

ClingF18 New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks. I hope to have the same experience. After customer service tried to blame me for sending the tech home incomplete I almost cancelled my service then and there. Very frustrated.

8. ClingF18

ClingF18 New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks Ray C. Will try now.

9. ClingF18

ClingF18 New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ray C of the DIRT was able to get my issue resolved quickly. I only have 1 day under my belt with the Hopper/Joey system. So far so good though! I suspect it was just a bad apple with Dish Customer Service that was unwilling to work with my schedule to get my installation completed.

10. lonerwulf

lonerwulf Mentor

Jul 9, 2012
    One or both of the drop lines from dish to node is bad. As an installer I have seen this several times