1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Incorrect bill for third month in a row!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mynameisjason, Apr 24, 2014.

1. mynameisjason

mynameisjason Cool Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Back in early February (8th or 9th) I has having issues with my HR34. All was said and done a reset had to be done on D* end. Bill is posted on the 24th. I am being charged for the HD Extra Pack. Called D*, person I spoke with apologized but it back on for the 3 months, and offered HBO for free for three months. I took it. Now, this I understand whatever D* did on its end, the guy did say that it was resending authorization for usage (or something on those lines). So I can see a promo being overridden.

March 24th rolls around. HBO charge of $17.99 on my account. Called D*, person says I have three months free. Gives me the credit. Today rolls around. Again the same thing. HBO, $17.99. Really?! Called once again. This lady I spoke with kept trying to tell me the credit was on the account (it wasn't). I finally told her to cancel HBO, I really don't watch the channels, she tried to talk me out of it saying I had it until June. She finally cancels it. Log back onto my D* account. What do I see? $17.39 credit for HBO disconnect.

It is all said and done now. Just ranting. How does this happen? The HD Extra Pack, no problems. Has said $0.00, but the HBO doesn't? How does that work?

2. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Are you looking at your bill or Recent activity?

Because programming credits are issued a few days before your bill is released.
    This would not reflect on your recent activity once your bill is released. But your statements will show a charge, but the very next section will give a list of credits.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

3. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    And for that reason I always look at the bill, for the most part it's fine, but lately there been mistakes especially credits not being shown, And I keep track of the months of when they expire, I know it had to do with that glitch billing issues earlier that some had on certain billing cycles, Also they've charge me shipping fee for replacement on PP, but they credit back.

4. pinkertonfloyd

pinkertonfloyd Legend

Jun 5, 2002
    Just be sure to watch it... as I learned... if a credit goes missing for more than 60 days before you call in... you are SOL... even if it was their fault.

5. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    That's why I always have a calculator handy, so I know what my bill would look like in advance :biggrin: