1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorrect Guide Data

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chadb97, Jul 22, 2010.

1. chadb97

chadb97 Cool Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Has anyone else noticed that the guide data is incorrect on a few channels in a few time slots. For example I have Dora the Explorer set to tape on nick east at 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Nickelodeon must have changed the show at that time slot because Sponge Bob is on at that those time slots now and not Dora. Also last night at 9:00 p.m. my wife was flipping channels and noticed that Income property was on HGTV at 9:00 p.m., but the guide data said Holmes on Homes was on. I've noticed incorrect guide data on a few other channels as well, but these are two firm examples that I can remember the channel, show, and time.

2. joshferg

joshferg Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I noticed this also. My DVR was set to record Holmes on Homes but when I tried to watch it some other show was recoreded.

3. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Yeah, I noticed this on Nick also. The guide showed Penguins of Madagascar but it was Spongebob instead.

I checked at zap2it.com (they supply the guide data) and the info there was the same as my D* guide. I went ahead and reported it so they could get it fixed. I just checked and it looks like they haven't got to it yet.

You can report it here.

4. tsduke

tsduke Godfather

Mar 20, 2007
    Noticed the same thing on Holmes on Homes last night. It was in the guide, but show wasn't on.

5. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    I have noticed problems with Nick as well. I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

6. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    yup, we've been getting lots of weird issues with our recorded kids shows on Nick networks and sprout too I think.

7. primetime

primetime Legend

Mar 23, 2007
    I've noticed a lot of the channels have no guide data available. I first noticed it on just a few channels on Tuesday (07/20) night and then last night Wed. (07/21) there were even more channels with no guide data. Most were in the 230 to 271 area as the Lifetimes, Style, History International, etc. in there were all blank. USA was all blank except for the Psych episode at 9PM CT. There were probably over a dozen channels that normally have the programming listed and were for some reason blank.

I'm not at home right now to look but I think there was another block with a lot of holes up around the Disney and Nick areas of the channels as well.

8. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Nick has been really bad for the past two weeks, moved lots of stuff around, TMS is way behind.

9. NewView

NewView AllStar

Jan 15, 2007
    Yep . . I've seen this a couple times as well.

I setup Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole to record as a series and just last night I began watching it. I had perhaps 5-6 shows recorded and two of them were the wrong titles and wrong shows entirely. In fact I had two that were tited differently but in fact were the same show. It really messed up my series recording cause now my DVR "thinks" I've already recorded one show when in fact I have not.

I've also ended up with a couple movies that were entirely different than what they were supposed to be.

10. VARTV

VARTV Godfather

Dec 14, 2006
    Virginia...
    The shows that air at 6P EDT are on the air like listed but the program summary is all wrong... :rolleyes:

11. phodg

phodg Mentor

Jan 20, 2007
    I had that problem with one of my DVRs a couple of weeks ago. I refreshed it through the web site and then everything showed up OK.

12. devaska1

devaska1 Mentor

Jul 15, 2010
    NickHD has been doing this for a few weeks here I set a series recording for SpongeBob and it's recording iCarly instead, not every time but enough to be annoying...

13. teachsac

teachsac Legend

Jun 10, 2006
    Yeap, I went to record 24 Hour Restaurant Wars on Food Network and it was an Old Iron Chef.

S~

14. ChoralScholar

ChoralScholar Cool Member

Jul 23, 2004