1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Indianapolis channels to return soon on Dish Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Indianapolis channels to return soon on Dish Network

After three weeks without Indianapolis-based network affiliate TV programming, Lafayette-area Dish Network subscribers may soon be able to tune to Indianapolis stations instead of South Bend stations, according to a variety of sources.

The Dish Network switched its “local” channel lineup June 5, dropping the Indianapolis affiliates of NBC, ABC and Fox and replacing them with South Bend affiliates.

The change came as a shock to many subscribers, who said they were not warned before it occurred or given an explanation.

But several customers in recent days have told the Journal & Courier that the satellite TV provider informed them the Indianapolis stations will be restored this week, possibly by Thursday.

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Happy Wednesday, Lafayette:

6690 WRTV (6 Local) INDIANAPOLIS, IN (ABC) SV* added to 110° 18s13 (SD Lafayette, IN market Hidden) AVAILABLE
    6692 WTHR (13 Local) INDIANAPOLIS, IN (NBC) SV* added to 110° 18s13 (SD Lafayette, IN market Hidden) AVAILABLE
    6693 WXIN (59 Local) INDIANAPOLIS, IN (FOX) SV* added to 110° 18s13 (SD Lafayette, IN market Hidden) AVAILABLE

3. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Just makes you wonder what this was all about? Still say Lafayette would be better off with at least abc out of South Bend so they can watch the Indy 500. :grin:

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The stations are "significantly viewed" in the Lafayette market. Perhaps one or more wanted compensation for carriage and DISH decided to bring in distants that they do not need to negotiate a price to carry.

5. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I suppose having all their stations but one be of the "SV" variety does give Dish some flexibility there. If I remember correctly when they were in dispute with Indy channel 13 (NBC) they just imported in the Fort Wayne NBC affiliate into the Lafayette DMA. If only they could've done the same with the actual Indy DMA it would've saved me from having to listen to some unhappy subscribers!

6. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    I don't understand how Lafayette is its own DMA with two counties and one CBS station. The neighboring counties in Indiana are considered part of the Indianapolis market and one to the north chooses Champaign, IL I think over Lafayette. I don't see how one station DMAs still even exist.