DBSTalk Forum banner

instalation help.?

607 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  habudab 
#1 ·
okay real quick..

i have had Direct tv since 10/2006. only needed one room hooked up at the time. i have an hd-dvr.. 2 lines coming into the hd-dvr.. my question is how many line should i have coming out of the 5 lnb dish i have.. there are only 2 now, and i think this is because they were only setting up one room with direct tv.. my question is, are there suppossed to be four lines coming from the dish, and if so could i add two more lines and run them to the other room that i want to set up with and hd/dvr.. thanks for your help in advance.

#2 ·
habudab said:
okay real quick..

i have had Direct tv since 10/2006. only needed one room hooked up at the time. i have an hd-dvr.. 2 lines coming into the hd-dvr.. my question is how many line should i have coming out of the 5 lnb dish i have.. there are only 2 now, and i think this is because they were only setting up one room with direct tv.. my question is, are there suppossed to be four lines coming from the dish, and if so could i add two more lines and run them to the other room that i want to set up with and hd/dvr.. thanks for your help in advance.

The 5LNB has a built in multi-switch for 4 lines out. You can run 2 more lines from the dish to another DVR.

There are ways to run another multi-switch(suppling up to eight tuners) or even a Single Wire Multi-switch(SWM) would allow you split a single output to up to eight tuners.

www.solidsignal.com has a lot of equipment and installation info. There are other places on the web also but solidsignal has some real good documentation/installation help.

Mike

#3 ·
habudab said:
okay real quick..

Right now all you need are the two since all you have is the one dvr. When you add the second room then you need two more lines which the 5 LNB dish can handle.

#4 ·
That dish supports up to four lines without additional equipment, but you only use what you need, hence only two lines running now.

You can add the two lines you need for the other room. I would use a Sharpie to mark all the dish alignment marks in case you bump something out of whack. If you're careful, you should be able to access the LNB assembly without affecting the alignment at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.