1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by tpreed, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpreed

tpreed Cool Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Called Directv a couple of days ago and got them to give me a free HD DVR and now I am wondering if I need to buy a multiswitch before Friday afternoon when the installer arrives.

Here is the Order Detail...

Directv 5-LNB Multi Satellite Dish $ 0.00

Handling $19.95

Standard Professional Install $0.00

Swap ReplaceImplied DVD IRD $0.00 (I have no clue what this item means)

Directv HD DVR Expanded HD Prog. Capable $0.00

Tax $1.40

* Anyone know if when the installer arrives since I will now have six feeds or RG6 going, will he just add a FREE multiswitch when he does the install? Or do I need to call Directv before the install to make sure a multiswitch is on the order?

Note I already added the additional runs of RG6 so he won't need to pull wires to the rooms the units are in.

* Anyone know what "Swap ReplaceImplied DVD IRD" would mean in the order detail?

*What does "Standard Professional Install" mean...how much do they actully do?

BTW no word on if it is a HR-20 but the customer service rep that got me the free unit said that since I am getting the 5-LNB Dish she assumes it is the HR-20.

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Tom

2. tommyb

tommyb Legend

Aug 18, 2006
    The installer will have it. I already had the at-9 and he brought another oneand since it was on the order, he left it. Now I have a spare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.